If you have been considering recording videos to generate passive income your probably going to want a compact video recorder. Many of these record as well as or better than the more traditional camcorders and they are easier to download to Youtube or Revver.
Since I was doing some research online recently regarding mini camcorders I have become more knowledgeable through the process. You really have lots of options to choose from but I have uncovered three which are inexpensive, have quality video, and easy to download video online.
1. Kodak Mini Video Camera – This is the camcorder I ended up buying used for $35 with shipping included. Since it is a 3rd of the price of the other two highly rated camcorders I figured this was a inexpensive version with high ratings.
I have to say that the Kodak is very nice and is very easy to use. You simply press record and can watch what your recording on the reverse side and then save. The USB fitting comes right out of the camcorder and plugs into your computer. The recording video is automatically installed when you first connect the camcorder to your computer.
I really liked how easy it was to download video directly to Youtube, very easy to do. An added bonus is that this Kodak is very thin and small about the size of a credit card and almost as thin as one.
Overall, a very good deal.
2. Flip Ultra HD Video Camera(3rd Generation) – This is the latest and greatest flip camcorder out there right now and at a little more than $100 a pretty good deal. This is another compact camcorder that is said to have very high quality video.
3. Flip Ultra HD Video Camera (2nd Generation) – The older version of the above but still very good you can buy them used for under $100 with most of the benefits you would expect in a top model camcorder.
You really can’t go wrong buying any of these mini camcorders since they all have excellent reviews on Amazon, an inexpensive price, and quality video. If you have been considering creating online videos for passive income or just to post them these are excellent choices.
Anyone that is investing in Certificate of Deposits (C.D.’s) can tell you that the returns are horrible right now. Banks are currently offering less than 1% to 1.5% depending on the C.D. maturity date. This rate of return is not even keeping up with inflation so your actually losing real purchasing power.
I realize that C.D.’s provide safety but at what price? Your guaranteed to lose money at the current rates they are paying. A wiser move may be to invest in some steady earning companies that pay a nice fat dividend instead. In addition to the much higher income you also get the possibility of appreciation in the share price.
Even if the share price drops your income should not be effected and many of the smarter investors look to buy more shares at a discount. There are some very good companies that pay 5% or higher dividends including:
1. Duke Energy (DUK) – This is an energy company operating in the U.S. under three sectors, franchised gas and electric, commercial power, and international energy. The stock is trading at $18.83/share and has an annual dividend of $1.00 (5.3% yield).
2. Elli Lilly – (LLY) – This is a pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures, and sells pharmaceutical products worldwide. The stock is trading at $37.53/share and has an annual dividend of $1.96 (5.2% yield).
3. Vodaphone (VOD) – Vodafone Group plc provides mobile communications in Europe, Africa, the Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and the United States. The stock is trading at $26.72/share and has an annual dividend of $1.92 (7.3% yield).
4. Starwood Property Trust (STWD)– This is a real estate investment trust, primarily focuses on originating, investing in, financing, and managing commercial mortgage loans. The stock is trading at $20.51/share and has an annual dividend of $1.76 (8.8% yield).
If you read a few posts down you will see how one of my passive income streams(Ehow) was suddenly stopped. This is exactly the reason why it is very important to keep working on new passive incomes and than diversify them various sites.
Ehow was a great passive income while it lasted and the income my articles generated was nice but the lesson you can learn is that passive incomes can stop when a website changes its terms or its compensation plan. You have to plan for these types of changes no matter how unpleasant they are, it just a fact of life that nothing is guaranteed.
Having income streams from different sources like ebooks, videos, books, websites, domain parking, affiliates, articles, surveys, dividends, rental income, etc. will help ease the loss of one passive income. Than you can add new income streams and expand current ones until you hit the passive income your targeting.
I have had quite a bit of experience with buying, selling, and managing rental property and I have come to some conclusion based on this experience. If your thinking about becoming a landlord there are a few important steps to take before taking the plunge.
1. Start Small – One of the biggest mistakes I made as a new real estate investor was buying to many properties too fast. I eventually learned some costly lessons to come to this conclusion but trust me it’s better to buy only 1 or 2 properties your first year so that you can really get a hands on grip of all that’s involved with being a landlord. If after the first year you decide it’s not for you than you have the option to keep them and buy no more and keep collecting the rental income or sell them and get completely out.
2. Buy In Working Class Neighborhoods – Low income areas mosty have tenants that don’t pay or when they do you have problems collecting it not to mention that there are much fewer buyers for these properties when you decide to sell. High income areas have good tenants that pay but between the higher mortgage payment which causes little to no cash flow and the higher property taxes it’s almost impossible to net a positive cash flow unless you buy the house for cash. Stick with homes in middle income areas where people have jobs but don’t make a lot of money. The tenants these homes attract are mostly good hard working people that pay their bills and between the nice cash flow and increasing property values you can really do well.
3. Buy In Cash – You have probably heard the term “Cash is king” and it hold true. When you make an offer with cash you can get huge discounts off the sales price and the seller and realtor know they won’t have any problems closing on the property. If you have enough cash always buy homes using it and than after you get a great deal and close on the house you can cash out by financing the home with a bank. Since you bought the home at a discount using cash you may be able to get all your cash back using a mortgage.
These are just a few words of wisdom that it took several years to realize and can make you a lot of money and save you even more. Owning rental property is one of the best ways to make passive income if you know what your doing.
Last month I got an e-mail from the old Ehow article site saying that they were closing their compensation plan which paid me monthly passive income for articles I had written. Initially I thought this was a bad thing but after reviewing the e-mail they offered to buy my articles or I could remove them and place them at another article site.
Since many of my articles were written when I first started trying to make passive income online the quality wasn’t the best so the decision to sell them was a relatively easy one. I decided I would just write new articles at other article sites. I then thought maybe I should invest that money into the companies stock since it was a publicly traded company. I also have a theory that since this company would no longer have to pay passive income every month to the writers but instead would now get to keep 100% of the earnings that this could have a significant impact on thier earnings.
After doing some research on DMD (Demand Studios/Ehow) I realized that they were losing money currently but after buying all these writers articles that may change very soon, possibly in two quarters. In my opinion this company is significantly undervalued since much of their revenue is based on Search engine searches. The earnings have already taken a big hit a few months ago when Google changed up its search results and placements so that is already discounted into the stock.
The good news is that their page views keep going up which translates into higher earnings and management is already addressing the issues with Googles new search engine rankings. Goldman Sacks just upgraded the shares from a neutral to buy recommendation which sent the shares higher a few days ago by 16%.
Bottom line is that this may be a good time to pick up some shares of this company. I will tell you that I picked up some shares myself so I don’t want to leave that out of this post so you know my position ahead of time. That being said any old Ehow writers might want to take their pay outs and invest in the company themselves.
There are many different types of writing sites that have various ways of earning upfront and passive income however only a few pay what I consider to be fair compensation. Among the best paying was Ehow now known as Demand Studios (DMD) which is a publicly traded company.
Many of the writing sites pay via ads placed on them through your own Google Adsense and Amazon ads but this can be an issue for some writers. They may not have an Adsense account due to a lack of a website, their adsense account could have been banned, or they would just like a simple hands off approach to making money without the aggravation.
There are only a handful of sites that use their own Adsense accounts to generate passive income and then pay out a percentage of your written pages earnings. Out of this handful of sites which are similar to how Ehow use to pay only 2 in my opinion are worthy of your effort and they are listed below.
1. Firehow – This site is an up and coming writing site that although now won’t come close to the earnings of Ehow is a nice way to play its increasing popularity in the search engines. They pay via paypal every month for your passive earnings generated by your page views.
2. Triond – This site is another relatively new site that pays somewhat better than Firehow but has a more strict approach to article reviews. They also pay via paypal and base the earnings on page views.
Both of these writing sites are a great way to start building up your passive income and allow increased earnings as the sites grow in popularity without the hassle of dealing with affiliate codes and accounts.
Since most people’s dream life consists of earning a livable income passively a good way to do this is through passive income. Many of the big time internet guru’s main source of passive income generally comes from affiliates.
These affiliates pay a commission for each sale they refer to the company. This can be almost any company that has an affiliate program but many affiliate programs either pay little or may not be completely honest in the number of sales you generate. So the most important step is to find and use an affiliate program that has a good reputation.
The second most important step is to get the traffic to your affiliate ads. This is one of the hardest steps to do and it is very important because without traffic to your affiliate ads you have a up hill battle. In addition the conversion rate should be higher than average so that you convert that traffic into sales and commissions.
I found a great ebook that covers all these issues and more, since I normally don’t recommend an ebook I found this one to be very good. The ebook is called Super Affiliates and you can get a copy here. If there is one thing I have learned is that money is well spent on knowledge that can pay off financially.
With this information I believe that almost anyone can make a decent living passive income and begin to live a lifestyle that anyone would envy.
One of the keys to starting a new business for me or at least experimenting with an idea are that the business needs to become automated at some point. It also is a big plus if it can also continue to make passive income with little to no additional time spent after the business is set up.
Since not to many businesses can meet this standard I have begun to look outside the internet for a new passive income business. Upon doing some additional research I came up with the idea of experimenting with getting a 1-900#. These numbers charge the caller either by the minute or per phone call.
Some of the common 1-900# seem to be around the topics of stock picks, real estate advice, business advice, astrology, etc. Since I couldn’t read anyone’s future to save my life astrology and fortune telling are out of the category.
Stock tips would be ideal but their could be some potential liability if the advice didn’t pan out but I haven’t totally ruled this out. I am leaning towards some time of financial daily advice that I can record everyday and than charge by the call not per minute.
The upfront fees are a little steep especially since you would have to pay monthly fees as well but since I am looking to branch out from the internet businesses I may give it a try. This site looks promising and has lots of additional information if you are looking into the possibility of starting your own Paid Per Call business.
I have been considering the possibility of creating videos and posting them at various video sites like youtube and revver for some time. After hearing about the mom that posted a short less than minute video of her small son making a funny face after she sneezed and was able to fund her sons entire college fund from the revenue generated from that one video I am sold on the idea.
As with many cell phone apps that are free to download these videos generate their income from the ads that run on the videos. Every time someone watches the videos a add is either running at the bottom during the video or you must watch the ad before watching the video.
I wonder how many of you have funny or stupid videos that they could post to these video sites and make a ton of money. Realistically few people make much more than a few $1 but if you get lucky and it become popular you could hit the jackpot.
Just because it is not easy or common for most videos to get thousands or millions of hits doesn’t mean you shouldn’t post them and try. There are more people doing this than you think and some make a full time living on their video income.
In any case it’s worth a shot. Next time your see something funny or unusual record it and post it to a video site, you never know.
Many people try to make money with Amazon affiliates but few make any money trying it. The reason is most people won’t buy an item that’s only placed in a Amazon affiliate box. I learned this the hard way as most internet wannabes do by trial an error.
As in most selling online you need to write a post or provide detailed information on your experiences using the products and the benefits that the product gives a potential customer. The most important part of making a sale on Amazon is to sell a product that meets a need to a reader.
Would you be more inclined to buy this product using a Amazon Box like this:
or would you buy a product that was thoroughly written about with a link at the bottom of the article like this:
The movie the “Social Network” is the true life story of how the founder of Facebook started the company. It features actors Jesse Eisenburg as Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook Founder) and Justin Timberland as Shawn Parker (Napster Founder).
This movie was amazing and showed how ultra smart Zuckerberg whom was virtually friendless started the largest social network. It shows just how much of a genuis and smart-ass he was to the students and administration of Harvard.
The movie then became extremely amusing when Napster founder Parker entered the picture with his keen sense of business savvy and wit. The shots of the lively business being formed with computer dorks mixing with Facebook “hottie” groupies was funny.
The ending was superb and the acting was amazingly good with Jesse Eisenburg nailing the part of Mark Zuckerberg. If your looking for an entertaining and brilliantly acted story line see this movie: The Social Network (Two-Disc Collector’s Edition)
Ok, I will admit I went a little over the edge with the movie review but you get the point. You need to build up the benefits of the product to get the sales.